(US also cigaret)
- 1A thin cylinder of finely cut tobacco rolled in paper for smoking.More example sentences
- There is a perception that light smoking or smoking low tar cigarettes is not dangerous.
- Her voice was low and husky from smoking twenty cigarettes a day in that sexy cigarette holder she always used.
- What is the best way to stop tobacconists selling cigarettes to children?
- 1.1An object similar to a cigarette containing a narcotic or herbal substance.More example sentences
- The following morning he said he rolled several cannabis cigarettes to smoke during the day.
- Herbal cigarettes, sold in pharmacies and health stores, have a very limited market.
- The gradual replacement of regular cigarettes with non-tobacco herbal cigarettes is an effective aid in tobacco detoxification.
mid 19th century: from French, diminutive of cigare (see cigar).