- A slim tubular device for holding a cigarette so that it can be smoked without direct contact with the fingers: an iconic poster of Audrey Hepburn, sleek with cigarette holder, long black dress, and pearlsMore example sentences
- The 1920s, self-evidently, were the era of the bottle party and the Bright Young Things, the Charleston and the shimmy, cigarette holders and mock Tudor.
- Unschooled in the necessity of being accountable for her own actions and given to bouts of depression, Margaret took refuge in drink and started overworking the ivory cigarette holder.
- She contrasted her stage character with her real personality by pointing out that even though she carried a cigarette holder in her act, she herself did not smoke.
More definitions of cigarette holderDefinition of cigarette holder in:
- The US English dictionary