- The part of the eye that connects the iris to the choroid. It consists of the ciliary muscle (which alters the curvature of the lens), a series of radial ciliary process (from which the lens is suspended by ligaments), and the ciliary ring (which adjoins the choroid).More example sentences
- He showed that UV rays were effective for treating tubercular and inflammatory eye conditions involving the conjunctiva, cornea, iris, ciliary body, choroids and retina.
- The lens is supported by the suspensory ligament from the ciliary body, and changes in its shape permit change of focus.
- Zonules are ligaments attached to the anterior portion of the ciliary body that help suspend the lens.
More definitions of ciliary bodyDefinition of ciliary body in:
- The US English dictionary