- A large Hungarian dulcimer (musical instrument).More example sentences
- The traditional Romanian cimbalom (dulcimer or zither) is the sole accompaniment on the dramatic and stately ‘Cine iubeste si lasa.’
- Hungarian Roma music, played on violins and cimbaloms, can be heard in many Hungarian restaurants.
- It's beautiful, very formal music, heavy on the violin and the glorious cimbalom.
late 19th century: from Hungarian, from Italian cembalo, cimbalo, from Latin cymbalum (see cymbal).
More definitions of cimbalomDefinition of cimbalom in:
- The US English dictionary