Definition of cinephile in English:
A person who is fond of the cinema: the film is mostly known only to dedicated cinephiles
More example sentences
- Growing up in the slums of Hong Kong, he became an avid cinephile, particularly interested in European, American and Japanese cinema.
- It is not an exaggeration to say that for several generations of film-makers and cinephiles, Bergman practically defined cinema.
- For cinephiles and would-be film-makers, Coppola's directorial debut makes for an excellent reference point and source of ideas.
- Example sentences
- I'm afraid I made a film that no one will see, given the current climate and the alarming decline of cinephilia.
- His movies are one of the greatest encouragements to cinephilia.
- Cinephilia is more than ever an active passion.
Words that rhyme with cinephilenubile • aedile • crocodile
Definition of cinephile in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan