Definition of cinephile in English:
A person who is fond of the cinema: the film is mostly known only to dedicated cinephiles
More example sentences
- Growing up in the slums of Hong Kong, he became an avid cinephile, particularly interested in European, American and Japanese cinema.
- It is not an exaggeration to say that for several generations of film-makers and cinephiles, Bergman practically defined cinema.
- For cinephiles and would-be film-makers, Coppola's directorial debut makes for an excellent reference point and source of ideas.
- Example sentences
- I'm afraid I made a film that no one will see, given the current climate and the alarming decline of cinephilia.
- His movies are one of the greatest encouragements to cinephilia.
- Cinephilia is more than ever an active passion.
Words that rhyme with cinephilenubile • aedile • crocodile
Definition of cinephile in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.