noun (plural cinerariums)
- A place where a cinerary urn is kept.More example sentences
- Nostell has three Roman cinerariums - elaborately carved marble boxes for storing the ashes of the deceased.
- And in many Korean dioceses the cinerarium has started to edge out traditional cemeteries.
- The 1 p.m. ceremony will be held at the cinerarium on Laney Walker Boulevard.
late 19th century: from late Latin, neuter (used as a noun) of cinerarius 'of ashes'.
More definitions of cinerariumDefinition of cinerarium in:
- The US English dictionary