A large North American fern with cinnamon-coloured fronds.
- Osmunda cinnamomea, family Osmundaceae
More example sentences
- Near the streams is an abundance of lady fern, netted chain fern, royal fern, cinnamon fern, and New York fern, often growing beneath a layer of mountain laurel.
- Beneath the woody plants grow netted chain fern, cinnamon fern, sensitive fern, and various sedges and rushes.
- Where the woods border the Housatonic River appear colonies of large cinnamon fern, ostrich fern, and royal fern, along with the somewhat smaller sensitive fern.
Definition of cinnamon fern in:
- The US English dictionary