- (In verse) a five-line stanza.More example sentences
- Both free verse and rhymed poetry styles are studied, including cinquain, haiku, tanka, rhopalic, echo and refrain poems, acrostics, alphabet and dictionary poems.
- New kinds of poetry need to be explored by pupils, such as in the writing of diamantes and cinquains.
- Once my students achieved success with these tasks, I would surprise them by reading aloud samples of haiku, as well as other formula verse, such as tanka and cinquain.
late 19th century: French, from cinq 'five'.
More definitions of cinquainDefinition of cinquain in:
- The US English dictionary