- North American • informal Unite in defence of a common interest: the Lakers quickly circled the wagons, against the Spurs and the crowd[with reference to the defensive position of a wagon train under attack]More example sentences
- We seem to be circling the wagons for self-protection.
- Conservatives circled the wagons around him after his comments about homosexuality.
- We all went through some tough times together, but we really circled the wagons.
More definitions of circle the wagonsDefinition of circle the wagons in:
- The US English dictionary