noun[mass noun] Physics
- Polarization of an electromagnetic wave in which either the electric or the magnetic vector executes a circle perpendicular to the path of propagation with a frequency equal to that of the wave. It is frequently used in satellite communications.More example sentences
- Light is an electromagnetic wave that can carry angular momentum by way of circular polarization.
- Photons have two spin states, which correspond to the two types of circular polarization for a light beam.
- Most displays today use linear polarization, even though it's not as efficient as circular polarization.
More definitions of circular polarizationDefinition of circular polarization in:
- The US English dictionary