- 1Distribute a large number of letters or leaflets to (a group of people) in order to advertise something or canvas opinion: they circularize prospective purchasers at regular intervalsMore example sentences
- Companies, firms, businesses and individuals have been circularised and may contact any of the following regarding sponsorship and/or entries.
- They only realised the full implications of the story when they were forwarded the e-mail that had been circularised to the national media.
- Some customers locally have been given notice of the impending closure, but not all houses appear to have been circularised as yet.
- 2 Biochemistry Make (a stretch of DNA) into a circular loop.More example sentences
- The plasmid DNA was then circularized with ligase and used to transform E. coli.
- Upon injection into the cell, the cohesive ends anneal and are ligated, circularizing the chromosome.
- The digested DNA was circularized by self-ligation.
- More example sentences
- Ira provided a very convincing argument that, after infection, late gene expression must require circularization of the injected DNA.
- A large pool of DNA sequences was investigated by different authors, and their propensity to circularization was experimentally determined and predicted by theoretical approaches.
- Direct evidence for RNA circularization is shown in this illustration.
More definitions of circularizeDefinition of circularize in:
- The US English dictionary