Definition of circumfluent in English:
Flowing round; surrounding.
- As your breathing partakes of the circumfluent air, so let your thinking partake of the circumfluent Mind.
- While the circumfluent ocean is decorated with fish, no boats appear on the London map.
- The experimental results showed that the circumfluent hydro-cyclones with the separating columns had the higher separating efficiency and the lower pressure drop.
Late 16th century: from Latin circumfluent- 'flowing around', from the verb circumfluere, from circum 'around, about' + fluere 'to flow'.
- Example sentences
- The high temperatures on Tuesday and Wednesday could be attributed to effects created by the peripheral circumfluence of the typhoon.
- Weather forecasters said Taiwan will be affected by heavy rains induced by peripheral circumfluence until tomorrow.
- The research on ocean circumfluence has a lot to do with changes in climate and ecological changes in the ocean.
Words that rhyme with circumfluentconfluent • congruent
Definition of circumfluent in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan