Definition of circumfluent in English:
Flowing round; surrounding.
- As your breathing partakes of the circumfluent air, so let your thinking partake of the circumfluent Mind.
- While the circumfluent ocean is decorated with fish, no boats appear on the London map.
- The experimental results showed that the circumfluent hydro-cyclones with the separating columns had the higher separating efficiency and the lower pressure drop.
- 1circumfluence noun
- Example sentences
- The high temperatures on Tuesday and Wednesday could be attributed to effects created by the peripheral circumfluence of the typhoon.
- Weather forecasters said Taiwan will be affected by heavy rains induced by peripheral circumfluence until tomorrow.
- The research on ocean circumfluence has a lot to do with changes in climate and ecological changes in the ocean.
Late 16th century: from Latin circumfluent- 'flowing around', from the verb circumfluere, from circum 'around, about' + fluere 'to flow'.
Words that rhyme with circumfluentconfluent • congruent
Definition of circumfluent in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.