- Surrounding.More example sentences
- Thus does the earth rotate together with its circumjacent waters and encircling atmosphere.
- This leads to late diagnosis, with progressive bone lysis affecting important circumjacent structures.
- Light-reflecting displays are ideally suited for eyes, as the difference between the light exposure of the display and the circumjacent background is automatically eliminated.
late 15th century: from Latin circumjacent- 'lying round about, bordering upon', from the verb circumjacere, from circum 'around' + jacere 'to lie'.
More definitions of circumjacentDefinition of circumjacent in:
- The US English dictionary