(also cirripede /ˈsɪrɪpiːd/)
- A crustacean of the class Cirripedia; a barnacle.More example sentences
- The cleaning process of the illustrated sample containing numerous cirriped plates was accomplished within 10 seconds!
- He said he had fallen asleep while sunbathing on the beach in shallow water and had awoken to find the clinging cirriped firmly in place.
- On the other hand, some cirriped species may dissociate from dead sea turtles as occurs with other commensal taxa, which are rarely found on dead stranded sea turtles.
More definitions of cirripedDefinition of cirriped in:
- The US English dictionary