- A section of a DNA or RNA molecule that codes for a specific polypeptide in protein synthesis.More example sentences
- Almost all eukaryotes have multiple copies of their nuclear ribosomal RNA cistrons, arranged in a long tandem array.
- Benzer called this unit the ‘cistron’; molecular biologists came to view the cistron as the nucleotide sequence encoding a single polypeptide.
- We find that full function of the endogenous rDNA locus depends not merely on the presence of the rDNA cistrons but also on chromosomal context.
More definitions of cistronDefinition of cistron in:
- The US English dictionary