- An arrest by an ordinary person without a warrant, allowable in certain cases: he chased the thugs and made a citizen’s arrestMore example sentences
- If the defendant has any power to interfere with the plaintiff's liberty, it lies in its powers to effect a citizen's arrest.
- So you and I could go and arrest someone, and basically there are other sort of provisions in other Acts, but the main thing is that they can make a citizen's arrest but they cannot go and hound and harass people.
- We're told staff from the daycare center made a citizen's arrest for trespassing.
More definitions of citizen's arrestDefinition of citizen's arrest in:
- The US English dictionary