- The position or status of being a citizen of a particular country: the refugees could be granted dual citizenshipMore example sentences
- Most of those countries would grant citizenship to anyone who could produce a grandparent who was a citizen.
- It was later discovered he had moved to Russia, where he had been granted citizenship.
- At the end of their 25 years' service these auxiliaries were granted citizenship.
More definitions of citizenshipDefinition of citizenship in:
- The US English dictionary