(US city center)
- The central part or main business and commercial area of a city: a new metro station provides a direct link to the city centreMore example sentences
- If I go out in Dublin, I arrange to meet some friends and we get the bus to the city centre.
- Cycle rickshaws are usually banned from the city centre of Delhi, an area of big hotels, shops, government buildings and cars.
- Municipal officials said further showers risked flooding the city centre, escalating the crisis faced by the country.
More definitions of city centreDefinition of city centre in:
- The US English dictionary