- The organization and training of civilians to be prepared for attacks in wartime.More example sentences
- Britain's wartime civil defence workers are being commemorated at an exhibition during Remembrance weekend.
- The ending of the Cold War has resulted in diminished interest in, and budgeting for, civil defence in the traditional sense as a response to military attack.
- These senior ministers would have been accompanied by military, intelligence and civil defence officers.
More definitions of civil defenceDefinition of civil defence in:
- The US English dictionary