Make (something) non-military in character or function: the president plans to civilianize the country by reducing the army’s strength
More example sentences
- I also always become concerned when someone wants to civilianize support or combat support units.
- What we need to begin doing is civilianizing many of the functions that are currently being undertaken by personnel in military uniform.
- Many current combat service support functions can be civilianized or contracted.
- Example sentences
- He added: ‘On the issue of wildlife crime, it is important to emphasise that we have been looking at the issue of civilianisation of jobs in the force for some years.’
- However, critics have complained of a creeping civilianisation of policing the roads.
- Perhaps not surprisingly, the ‘technology transfer’ that led to the civilianization of wargaming started with a couple of reservists - one British, one German.
Definition of civilianize in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.