Definition of civilianize in English:
Make (something) non-military in character or function: the president plans to civilianize the country by reducing the army’s strength
More example sentences
- I also always become concerned when someone wants to civilianize support or combat support units.
- What we need to begin doing is civilianizing many of the functions that are currently being undertaken by personnel in military uniform.
- Many current combat service support functions can be civilianized or contracted.
- Example sentences
- He added: ‘On the issue of wildlife crime, it is important to emphasise that we have been looking at the issue of civilianisation of jobs in the force for some years.’
- However, critics have complained of a creeping civilianisation of policing the roads.
- Perhaps not surprisingly, the ‘technology transfer’ that led to the civilianization of wargaming started with a couple of reservists - one British, one German.
Words that rhyme with civilianizegluttonize
Definition of civilianize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan