- Milk that has naturally clotted on souring.More example sentences
- Southerners preferred corn dodgers or pone and pork and clabber rather than Yankee beef.
verbBack to top
- Curdle or cause to curdle: [with object]: she needed rainwater to clabber the milk [no object]: it had to be left to clabber before it could be churnedMore example sentences
- My mother made cottage cheese from the sour (clabbered) milk.
- At the Cowgirl Creamery in Point Reyes Station, specialties such as fromage blanc (tangy, soft, and spreadable) and fresh clabbered cottage cheese are made from organic milk.
- Silky smoked salmon is garnished with clabbered cream, shaved fennel, caperberries, microgreens, and a stack of warm, ethereal buckwheat blinis.
early 19th century: shortening of bonny clabber.
More definitions of clabberDefinition of clabber in:
- The US English dictionary