Definition of cladoceran in English:
A minute branchiopod crustacean of the order Cladocera, which includes the water fleas.
- Adult land-locked fish eat mostly zooplankton, especially larger varieties such as copepods, cladocerans, mysids, and ostracods.
- Examples of animals in the P. spathula diet are copepods, cladocerans such Daphnia pulex, and ephemeropteran nymphs.
- The carapace of cladocerans covers the throrax/abdomen but not the head, and is folded down the midline giving them a bivalved appearance.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to or denoting cladocerans.
- Two current areas of research promise to enhance developmental studies on cladoceran hemoglobins, however.
- Egg size, the zoological counterpart of seed size, has not been nearly as well studied, but is known to correlate positively with genome size in cladoceran crustaceans and plethodontid salamanders.
- The predatory cladoceran Cercopagis pengoi has extended its range over the past decade from the Ponto-Caspian basin into the Baltic Sea and the Laurentian Great Lakes.
Definition of cladoceran in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia