noun (plural same)
- A type of flan made of fruit, typically cherries, baked in a sweet batter.More example sentences
- Traditional clafoutis are made with cherries, preferably unpitted, but I've been known to use apricots, myself, especially when they're at their rosy peak.
- These were light, shuddery golden bites which had a yielding texture somewhere between a French clafoutis and a Yorkshire pudding.
- The deep silence that greeted us every morning all but mandated the house-livening presence of breakfast baking - pancakes, popovers, cranberry clafoutis, blueberry coffee cake.
French, from dialect clafir 'to stuff'.
More definitions of clafoutisDefinition of clafoutis in:
- The US English dictionary