noun (plural clansmen or clanswomen)
- A member of a clan.More example sentences
- The disposal of the clan land to strangers without the consent of the clansmen is subject to the fiat that any other clan member can redeem that clan land on payment of the purchase price to the purchaser.
- At Appin, he attempted to replace his old clan rivals, the Stewarts, with his own clansmen.
- Travellers were not welcome and foraging parties of clansmen would regularly plunge south on what Sir Walter Scott called ‘predatory excursions upon their Lowland neighbours’.
More definitions of clansmanDefinition of clansman in:
- The US English dictionary