Loud and clear: clarion trumpeters
More example sentences
- In the solo arias in the first and third acts, Pavarotti rang out the high notes with that clarion sonority that is unmistakably his.
- His clarion tone and beautiful phrasing were a model of superb instrumental control and mastery.
- Then, too, the ideal voice for this heroic part needs the sort of declamatory clarion brilliance that the Italians call 'squillo'.
- A strongly expressed demand or request for action: he issued a clarion call to young people to join the PartyMore example sentences
- Forty years ago, Fanon was issuing a clarion call against imperialism.
- Public opposition to a conflict remains strong and a clarion call has gone out from anti-war organisations across the world to stage protests from the first day of war.
- Kennedy issued his clarion call to mobilize Americans against these threatening prospects.
Words that rhyme with clarionCarian, carrion, Marian
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: clar|ion
Definition of clarion in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.