- A strongly expressed demand or request for action: he issued a clarion call to young people to join the PartyMore example sentences
- Forty years ago, Fanon was issuing a clarion call against imperialism.
- Public opposition to a conflict remains strong and a clarion call has gone out from anti-war organisations across the world to stage protests from the first day of war.
- Kennedy issued his clarion call to mobilize Americans against these threatening prospects.
More definitions of clarion callDefinition of clarion call in:
- The US English dictionary