- A North American plant with showy white, pink, or purple flowers, cultivated as a border plant in gardens.
More example sentences
- Genus Clarkia, family Onagraceae
- Cool-season annuals such as clarkia, Iceland poppy, lobelia, pansy, and stock can't stand intense summer heat.
- The poppies and clarkias began to straighten up, and the smaller shrubs saw the sunlight again.
- Many old favourites are here, including poppies, daisies and clarkias and hollyhocks.
modern Latin, named after William Clark (see Clark, William), who discovered it.
More definitions of clarkiaDefinition of clarkia in:
- The US English dictionary