Definition of classism in English:
Prejudice against people belonging to a particular social class: they are told to be on watch against the evils of classism
More example sentences
- De-colonization is the primary issue if you oppose racism, sexism, classism and ageism.
- The book is a collection of self-reflective essays that focus on the impact of personal and institutional sexism, racism, classism, heterosexism and ethnocentrism on the 12 women.
- Some of these could include war, sexuality, oppression (racism, classism, ageism, sexism), government and economics.
classist adjective& noun
- Example sentences
- It is heartening because many social scientists hold the belief that anything but strict environmental interpretations of criminal behavior are racist, sexist, classist, or at least illiberal.
- I'm not thinking of how they're arguably sexist, classist, racist, just plain offensive, or any of that.
- People with less egalitarian values have repeatedly been shown to be more racist, classist, and sexist.
Definition of classism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan