- 1(Of a person) suffering from claustrophobia: crowds always made him feel claustrophobicMore example sentences
- I had never been a claustrophobic person, but I believe that on that evening I was truly experiencing the classic symptoms.
- He does have panic attacks, which, if you are claustrophobic, is tough to watch.
- A claustrophobic person would definitely have died here, I thought.
- 1.1(Of a place or situation) inducing claustrophobia: the claustrophobic interior of the cruiserMore example sentences
- The geography is much bigger, but it allowed me to juxtapose this massive Alaskan landscape with this very claustrophobic situation.
- Suddenly, it seemed like the grungiest, most claustrophobic place on earth.
- Usually dark, damp and stained, with imagined muggers lurking in the shadows, they are claustrophobic places to escape from as fast as possible.
nounBack to top
- A person who suffers from claustrophobia: tall claustrophobics won’t like the hotel’s narrow passagewaysMore example sentences
- The hundred thousand or so claustrophobics banged their fists on the metallic walls while crying out for help, and a wall slid open from left to right, exposing some sort of movie screen.
- If any of you have seen an MRI tube, they tend to be small and cramped, difficult for claustrophobics to handle, and a tight enough squeeze for one person, let alone two.
- The few that decided to leave were probably some token claustrophobics.
- More example sentences
- Add to this a painful lack of female characters, and one gets a film that is claustrophobically obsessed with the lessons that all these obviously tragic male figures have to teach.
- Throughout the film's second hour, the main part of the cast is holed up claustrophobically in the New York Public Library, where the only destructive pleasure available is book-burning.
- But for a summer or two, there was a burst of musical energy, a refreshing blast of oxygen zooming through the introspective world that ‘rock music’ had claustrophobically induced.
More definitions of claustrophobicDefinition of claustrophobic in:
- The US English dictionary