Technical term for collarbone.
- The shoulder girdle is formed by the scapulae (shoulder blades) and clavicles (collar bones).
- When all support is disrupted or detached, the distal clavicle loses all ligamentous connection, allowing it to rise superiorly.
- The clavicle and scapula together form the shoulder girdle.
- Example sentences
- In 100 cases, the dorsal scapular artery arose from the following clavicular regions.
- No distal clavicular resections or subacromial decompressions were performed during the same procedure.
- Supernumerary clavicular muscles are numerous but uncommon.
Early 17th century: from Latin clavicula 'small key', diminutive of clavis (because of its shape).
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: clav|icle
Definition of clavicle in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.