- technical term for collarbone.More example sentences
- The shoulder girdle is formed by the scapulae (shoulder blades) and clavicles (collar bones).
- When all support is disrupted or detached, the distal clavicle loses all ligamentous connection, allowing it to rise superiorly.
- The clavicle and scapula together form the shoulder girdle.
- More example sentences
- In 100 cases, the dorsal scapular artery arose from the following clavicular regions.
- No distal clavicular resections or subacromial decompressions were performed during the same procedure.
- Supernumerary clavicular muscles are numerous but uncommon.
early 17th century: from Latin clavicula 'small key', diminutive of clavis (because of its shape).
More definitions of clavicleDefinition of clavicle in:
- The US English dictionary