- A saucer-shaped piece of baked clay or other material thrown up in the air from a trap as a target for shooting: [as modifier]: clay pigeon shootingMore example sentences
- The event was a laser clay pigeon shoot at a holiday resort.
- Only around 10 centimetres in diameter, the clay pigeon is shot at with 12-bore shotguns.
- A young hot shot from Keighley is aiming high in his bid to join the clay pigeon shooting elite.
More definitions of clay pigeonDefinition of clay pigeon in:
- The US English dictionary