- 1Do housework: they cleaned house, washed clothes, and cared for the childrenMore example sentences
- Yard work, cleaning house and washing cars are good exercise.
- Well, as nature cleans house, as it washes/blows away ‘excess’, or shakes at its core, or erupts the underground gases and lava, mankind must pick up the pieces and move on!
- A man will do almost anything not to cook, wash dishes, or clean house.
- 1.1Eliminate corruption or inefficiency: the president acted quickly to clean house when the allegations were madeMore example sentences
- He was determined to become the real head of the Intelligence Community and to clean house at CIA by eliminating deadwood and cutting costs.
- Dozens of advisors to the late leader have been fired in a shakeup to clean house of corrupt administrators.
- Unless he cleans house, his will be the Edsel presidency.
More definitions of clean houseDefinition of clean house in:
- The US English dictionary