- An open space in a forest, especially one cleared for cultivation.More example sentences
- Forest openings and clearings and agricultural areas are also good habitat for the Western Bluebird.
- They are common in forest clearings, wetlands, edges, residential areas, orchards, and stands of Russian olive.
- She led them to a small, grassy clearing in the middle of a wooded area.
noun[mass noun] British
- A system used by universities to fill the remaining available undergraduate places before the start of the academic year.More example sentences
- Students going through clearing should make themselves available because admissions tutors will want to talk to them rather than their parents.
- Universities you approach during clearing will ask for these.
- We're now into the university clearing season.