- A tangerine of a deep orange-red North African variety which is grown around the Mediterranean and in South Africa.More example sentences
- Tangerines are actually a type of mandarin orange as are clementines, but here in the US, the names are used interchangeably.
- What distinguishes the Corsican clementine from other varieties of clementines?
- Like tangerines and satsumas, clementines are often a feature of Christmas stockings.
1920s: from French clémentine, from the male given name Clément.
More definitions of clementineDefinition of clementine in:
- The US English dictionary