- A U-shaped or forked metal connector to which another part can be fastened by means of a bolt or pin passing through the ends of the connector: [as modifier]: a clevis pinMore example sentences
- Franke surmised that a clevis bolt in the control system broke, rendering the elevator useless.
- Indeed, it appears there are several easy ways to secure the brake without using the afterthought clip, perhaps by drilling a small hole and inserting a clevis pin or something of that nature.
- The solid rocket boosters have worked flawlessly since the redesign of the O-rings and the clevis and tang joints that failed in the Challenger disaster.
late 16th century: perhaps related to cleave1.
More definitions of clevisDefinition of clevis in:
- The US English dictionary