- An Australasian plant of the pea family, which bears drooping clusters of large scarlet flowers. Also called glory pea.
More example sentences
- Genus Clianthus, family Leguminosae
- Your clianthus is infested with Carnation Tortrix caterpillars.
- When A stands for abutilon, B for bougainvillea and C for clianthus, we must be in a conservatory where the temperature never falls below 45 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Clianthus formosus, the desert pea from Australia, is a spectacular shrub when in flower.
modern Latin, apparently from Greek kleos, klei- 'glory' + anthos 'flower'.