- Showing a lack of originality; based on frequently repeated phrases or opinions: he has a horror of clichéd images of African-American lifeMore example sentences
- For too many players on the pitch, the clichéd phrase of just trying to treat it like any other game had obviously been taken to heart.
- In its less stellar moments, the songwriting can be a bit of a yawn-fest with cliched choruses that are repeated ad nauseam.
- There's a touch of charm, but the cliched storytelling lacks that vital spark to send it soaring above the obligatory half-term movies.
More definitions of clichédDefinition of clichéd in:
- The US English dictionary