A repeated clicking sound as of shoe heels on a hard surface.
- She was quite photogenic and looked like a neighbor who, when she walked, would make a click-clack sound with the heel of her shoes.
- ‘Okay, girls,’ I heard the click-clack of Marissa's shoes as she walked steadily over to us, holding the plastic bags, which contained our tour outfits.
- As the familiar click-clack of her shoes hit his ears, Alex looked up to his mother and shovelled a folded fried egg into his mouth.
verb[no object, with adverbial of direction]
Move with a click-clack sound: a woman in high heels click-clacked past
More example sentences
- And he barked once and jumped down, his feet click-clacking on the floorboards, into the kitchen where he joyously slurped and slobbered, getting his muzzle soaking wet.
- Looms click-clacked and we breathed the fat, warm, smell of wool.
- A new herd of wildebeests click-clacked into the palace surround.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: click-clack
Definition of click-clack in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.