- A fact, argument, or event that settles a matter conclusively: Sixsmith scored the clincher after 81 minutesMore example sentences
- This book - another in the long line of fabulous limited edition books from Genesis Publications - is the clincher in that very argument.
- Anderson secured the clincher in 73 minutes, his accurate header from Aitken's cross bringing a happy end to a day of mixed emotions.
- It was a gamble that paid off in the most golden of coinage when Fletcher netted the play-off clincher four minutes later.
More definitions of clincherDefinition of clincher in:
- The US English dictionary