noun (plural same or clingfishes)
A small fish occurring mainly in shallow or intertidal water, with a sucker for attachment to rocks and other surfaces.
- Family Gobiesocidae: several genera and species
More example sentences
- It is the most widespread of 4 species of clingfish in the family Gobiesocidae found in British seas.
- Sonora clingfish live under rocks, to which they cling, and in little or no water.
- His research interests are leatherjackets, clingfishes, biodiversity in shallow reefs and the Leeuwin Current.
Definition of clingfish in:
- The US English dictionary