- 1Relating to the observation and treatment of actual patients rather than theoretical or laboratory studies: clinical medicine clinical drug trialsMore example sentences
- In this study we describe the clinical and laboratory features of the patients with and without mycobacteraemia.
- Most patients in clinical trials had osteolytic bone metastases on imaging studies.
- The study, involving clinical trials on Christie patients, will cost around £40,000.
- 1.1(Of a disease or condition) causing observable and recognizable symptoms: clinical depressionMore example sentences
- These trials compared SSRIs with placebo in adults with depression and other clinical conditions.
- Sahn and Hefner recently reviewed the clinical condition of spontaneous pneumothorax.
- Aspirin induced asthma is a distinct clinical syndrome affecting some asthmatic patients.
- 2Very efficient and without feeling; coldly detached: nothing was left to chance—everything was clinicalMore example sentences
- Behavioural research derives its authority from notions of scientific rigour and clinical detachment.
- I want it to be efficient, clinical, impartial and polite.
- Some have accused her of coldness, of clinical detachment.
- 2.1(Of a room or building) bare, functional, and clean: the room was white and clinicalMore example sentences
- We can offer you clinical facilities at the JFK Hospital to begin with, and we will ask to use your expertise to help us equip whatever surgical room you will need.
- The hospitals were commended for their good signposting, bright and uncluttered corridors and clinical areas with helpful and organised support staff.
- A museum is necessarily clinical, and as a professor of history I can walk through it with the detachment and assurance of a doctor.
- [as submodifier]: a clinically clean kitchenMore example sentences
- Her clinically clean kitchen design is curiously devoid of atmosphere as the hub of the 1870s Brixton boarding house, run by a mother and daughter.
- I groaned, and woke up to see a clinically clean ceiling, and a kindly looking large Italian lady hovering over me.
- He hugged Hayden good bye and Mr. Johnson waved to him as they left the clinically white kitchen and headed for the front door.