The branch of psychology concerned with the assessment and treatment of mental illness and behavioural problems.
- Health psychology and clinical psychology have also provided expertise on stress, health and mental health.
- Largely, psychologists who are ‘listees’ of the CRHSPP are graduates from programs of clinical psychology and counselling psychology.
- But the majority of professional development courses and documentation related to cultural issues for psychology is geared to clinical psychology.
clinical psychologist noun
- Example sentences
- This team may include a behavioral neurologist or psychiatrist, a clinical psychologist or an educational psychologist.
- As two award-winning clinical psychologists, we see mental health quite differently.
- All therapy is conducted by licensed clinical psychologists.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: clin|ic¦al psych|ology
Definition of clinical psychology in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.