Definition of clinical psychology in English:
The branch of psychology concerned with the assessment and treatment of mental illness and behavioural problems.
- Health psychology and clinical psychology have also provided expertise on stress, health and mental health.
- Largely, psychologists who are ‘listees’ of the CRHSPP are graduates from programs of clinical psychology and counselling psychology.
- But the majority of professional development courses and documentation related to cultural issues for psychology is geared to clinical psychology.
clinical psychologist noun
- Example sentences
- This team may include a behavioral neurologist or psychiatrist, a clinical psychologist or an educational psychologist.
- As two award-winning clinical psychologists, we see mental health quite differently.
- All therapy is conducted by licensed clinical psychologists.
Definition of clinical psychology in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan