Definition of clipboard in English:
1A small board with a spring clip at the top, used for holding papers and providing support for writing.
- Dr. Martin replied, straightening his tie and clipping a new set of papers into his clipboard.
- In the backstage area, just about everyone except the competitors has crowded around clipboards full of paper.
- There was a desk in the corner, holding a myriad of papers and clipboards, and a faded black arm chair stood in the middle of the room.
1.1 Computing A temporary storage area where material cut or copied from a file is kept for pasting into another file.
- Basically, the clipboard is a temporary storage area where you can save and retrieve data.
- This is an example of how the Windows clipboard can copy and paste text to another location.
- Right after the capture you can send the screenshot to the clipboard or to a file.
Words that rhyme with clipboardchipboard, shipboard
Definition of clipboard in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan