- Involving or characterized by mystery, intrigue, or espionage: a cloak-and-dagger operationMore example sentences
- Part of the misperception today stems from the cloak-and-dagger intrigue so prevalent in pop culture's version of international police work.
- So what did this man do to merit a cloak-and-dagger operation estimated to have cost close to £1m?
- Exactly how cloak-and-dagger are the secret prisons?
More definitions of cloak-and-daggerDefinition of cloak-and-dagger in:
- The US English dictionary