Definition of clockmaker in English:
A person who makes and repairs clocks and watches.
- This variety only appears chaotic if we assume that Roxbury makers functioned as traditional clockmakers.
- A clockmaker had prepared plans for a timepiece for one of the kings of France.
- A high-end performance of fine mechanics is executed, which will appeal to the clockmaker in every Swiss.
- Example sentences
- It would not be surprising if Cannon had moved either from carpentry into clockmaking or clockmaking into carpentry.
- Here he kept his technological objects and here he practised the arts of turning, surveying, clockmaking and cabinetmaking.
- A small anvil and riveting hammer are of the types used in clockmaking and were made in Lancashire.
Words that rhyme with clockmakerlawmaker • homemaker
Definition of clockmaker in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan