- (Of a vehicle’s gearbox) having gear ratios that are set at values which are not very different from each other.More example sentences
- It's backed by a close-ratio six-speed manual gearbox which has been modified to their design for more direct shifts, better feel and optimum ratios.
- Mated to a close-ratio six-speed gearbox, the engine now provides 225PS and 280Nm of torque.
- The close-ratio 6-speed manual is smooth-shifting and accurate.
More definitions of close-ratioDefinition of close-ratio in:
- The US English dictionary