Definition of closed caption in English:
One of a series of subtitles to a television programme, accessible through a decoder.
- In addition, a French mono track is included, along with French and Spanish subtitles and English closed captions, to round out the admirable audio options on this disc.
- Also included on this disc are English subtitles and closed captions.
- I had a project last year (it's still online) that simply decoded TV closed captions.
verb(closed-caption) [with object] (usually as noun closed-captioning) Back to top
Provide (a programme) with closed captions.
- Ultimately, one of their competitors may step up to the plate first and make TV clips with closed-captioning transcripts widely available.
- I've been closed-captioning the new Whose Line Is It Anyway?
- The anecdotal evidence indicated that closed-captioned programs were effective in promoting the learners’ reading fluency.
Definition of closed caption in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan