(also closet drama)
- A play to be read rather than acted.More example sentences
- After the ambitious Radio Days, Allen decided to attempt a closet drama in a style reminiscent of Ibsen.
- Written in a language which was not yet spoken, they were essentially closet dramas.
- She composed several verse translations and is recognized as author of the closet drama The Tragedie of Mariam, ascribed to ‘E.C. ’, the first known play in English by a woman.
More definitions of closet playDefinition of closet play in:
- The US English dictionary