- Keeping something secret, especially the fact of being homosexual: among those who voted against it were some closeted gays she remained closeted because of her homophobic communityMore example sentences
- It promotes a positive message to closeted gays and skeptical heterosexuals to counter and neutralize the negative messages promoted by anti-gay elements.
- For the closeted gay men and lesbians serving in the military, it must evoke complete terror.
- Both closeted and out gay men and lesbians agree that tolerance for individuals doesn't always extend to public issues.
More definitions of closetedDefinition of closeted in:
- The US English dictionary