- 1A man’s flat woollen cap with a peak.More example sentences
- He wears an outsize cloth cap, chocolate-coloured, at all times.
- These people wore their cloth cap and shawls with the pride of hard-working people.
- He swapped his cloth cap and overalls for a hired suit to collect his award for services to heritage and broadcasting.
- 1.1 [as modifier] Relating to or associated with the working class: Labour’s traditional cloth-cap imageMore example sentences
- He says there is real pride in making things, especially ships, though the cloth-cap image should have given way because of the high-tech processes involved.
- They see the drinking, smoking, the cloth-cap image, but it's not like that at professional level.
- The Football League may have a dour, cloth-cap image but with that also comes charisma and civic pride.